ALCEST, IRON BUTTERFLY, BLACK WIDOW, OM...

Here's some stuff...

ALCEST - SOUVENIRS D'UN AUTRE MONDE
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EHN1S50F

Fall is coming to Maine, this music is ideal (at least that's my opinion). This album is a solo project from apparently some black metal band. I dont really care too much for Black Metal so I can't give details on it. However, it is very harmonic, and well composed music. I listened to this a lot last year and enjoyed it. Apparently this entire record is a concept album about this guys fantasy world he lived in when he was a child (which also gives a little bit more meaning to the sound samples of children laughing and playing in one song). Sweet.

IRON BUTTERFLY - IN-A-GADDA-DA-VIDA (1968)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4QGJDMQK
"That album helped define a generation." - My boss at Dr.Records. This band helped create and progress psychadelic music to an all new height. They changed and influenced a lot of things, I would highly recommend adding this to your collection if you have not already.

BLACK WIDOW - RETURN TO THE SABBAT (1969)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AW35TOBR


Rock n Roll/Psychadelic.
This record is evil as fuck and truly frightens me. Mainly because the music and vocals really are not intimidating at all, but the real evil message is hidden in the words and messages of the songs. Lines like these prove my point:

"I swear that I will kill my fear,
perform the rites and swear on,
by me knee to help the one, I loved before.
I even steel my heart, to raise the devil himself."

"Help me in my search for knowledge,
I must learn the Secret Art.
Who dares to help me raise the one
Whose very name near stills my heart?
ASTAROTH
Discard your clothes and come on foot,
Through streams and fields and moonlit moors,
Your bodies soaked in secret oils,
Perfumed herbs will heal your sores.
Join me in my search for power.

Wives and husbands bring your kin.
We´ll be as one within the hour.
Let the Sabbat now begin.
Come, come, come to the Sabbat.
Come to the Sabbat - Satan´s there!"

The keyboards kick ass as well as the saxophone and flute appearances. Lots of group vocals/chanting and female vocals in some songs. Very psychadelic. Jazzy at times, but mainly just old fashioned rock and roll, this band knew how to play. These guys were real satanists. Frightening really, but I absolutely love this record, it is hypnotizing.

Om - Variations On A Theme (2005)
http://rapidshare.com/files/141949775/Variations_On_A_Theme.zip.html

I'm sick of talking about this band so just download it and figure it out for yourself. The first track is something like 20 minutes long.

Comments

I admire the valuable information you provide in your articles. I'll mark your blog and see my friends here often. I'm sure you will learn many new things here than anyone else!
Hydrocodone said…
Great website, continue the Excellent work!

Popular posts from this blog

Ian Mackaye Interview (Minor Threat, Fugazi, Dischord Records)

A few Q&A's with Henry Rollins (Black Flag, Rollins Band)

Interview with John Joseph (Cro-Mags, NYHC)