New Tides track posted...



Tides. If you know me you've probably heard me blab about this band before. An instrumetal (I think I just coined that term) band hailing from Providence, RI. My friend Jonah puts out their music on Teenage Disco Bloodbath Records. Tides have put out three releases now, including a split CD with Giant; this upcoming record will be their fourth. I've been told that this new one is much heavier than their previous releases, but from listening to this new song they have uploaded, I couldn't tell much of a difference. A lot of the same elements in song writing are in place. Dreamy, droney, melancholy guitar riffs build up at a snails pace to an eventual climax and then come back down to usually a fade out. It's late, and I'm not typing right. I'll edit this tomorrow or something. But in the meantime, check out their new track up on the page titled "untitled"

TIDES (MYSPACE PAGE):
http://www.myspace.com/tidesrites
TDB RECORDS:
http://www.tdbrecords.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ian Mackaye Interview (Minor Threat, Fugazi, Dischord Records)

A few Q&A's with Henry Rollins (Black Flag, Rollins Band)

Interview with John Joseph (Cro-Mags, NYHC)