2 New Releases, 2 New Reviews

It's been a while.

I finally got the new Isis and the newest Baroness.

ISIS - WAVERING RADIANT

















I've only had the chance to listen to it once through, but really enjoyed it. Same structure in writing, growling vocals matched with heavy guitars to clean and ambient, trancey sections. I saw them play this last summer with Pelican, they were flawless. I mean flawless. The production is amazing, the dynamics are outstanding and the progression of this band is something to admire.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BARONESS - BLUE ALBUM

















What an awesome follow-up to the Red Album. I'm still not sure which one I prefer. Very interesting sounds on this one. The guitar tones are super fuzzed out and spacey. Something progressive on this album I've noticed is the use of acoustic guitars mixed in with distortion. Very similar style to Mastodon's "Crack The Skye" record that came out earlier this year. Who's heard this one? Do you prefer it over the Red album? I've only listened to it once through now, so my opinion is still being honed. Oh, and I also got an autographed poster of the cover art along with purchase, awesome artwork!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ian Mackaye Interview (Minor Threat, Fugazi, Dischord Records)

A few Q&A's with Henry Rollins (Black Flag, Rollins Band)

Interview with John Joseph (Cro-Mags, NYHC)